FORaMEAL - A Rotary Club of Canterbury Initiative
Nutrition and comfort for everyone
— A Meal for Everyone
i) 400g pouches for easy distribution
ii) Halal, Kosher or vegetarian
iii) Nutritionally balanced for 5-6 people
iv) The product’s flavour is bland thereby allowing cultural flavours to be added such as spices, vegetables, meat, fruit and even sugar.
— Main ingredients
i) 3 main grains for a balance of carbohydrates, fatty acids and proteins: lentils, rice and oats
ii) sachet of important vitamins and minerals including folate (Vit B9)
— Easy to prepare and combine with other foods
i) Add water to match your requirements: Low heat 25-30 minutes
- Porridge consistency: 1 x 400g to 2.5L water
- Rice consistency: 1 x 400g to 1.8L water
ii) Optional: add spices, vegetables, meat, sugar (requiring additional preparation on the side)
iii) Cool to eating temperature, then add sachet of vitamins and minerals.
Step by step instructions
Instructions are on each FORaMEAL packet.
1. Remove Vitamin and minerals sachet from food pack
2. Add contents of the food pack with water at a ratio depending on consistency:
- Porridge: 400g pack to 2.5L
- Rice: 400g pack to 1.8L
3. Cook on low heat for 20-30mins or until tender, stirring frequently.
4. Summer for 5 minutes. Add more water if required
5. Remove from heat. Favours can be modified by additional seasoning, vegetables, fish, meat, sugar etc.
6. Cool to eating temperature. THEN ADD Sachet of Vitamins and Minerals. Stir and serve.
Note: please add the vitamins at eating temperature as some vitamins will breakdown in high heat.
If you are unsure about any of the nutritional contents please contact us directly or email Dr. Doug Hawley @ email@example.com
As a biochemist, Dr. Doug Hawley designed and formulated the FORaMEAL packs to include a balance and nutritious blend of carbohydrates, important fats and proteins together with a sachet of important vitamins and minerals.
1. Cook the FORaMEAL base for 20-30mins
2. Add Cinnamon
3. Fruits (berries or fruits)
Preparation time: 30 – 40mins
Lunch or Dinner
1. Cook the FORaMEAL base with to porridge consistency
2. At 20min mark: add green beans
3. Serve with your favourite toppings and condiments
Preparation time 30-40mins